- iCalendar resources at HTTP/HTTPS URLs (often called Webcal)
- iCalendar files on the external storage (using Storage Access Framework)
You can subscribe to iCalendars (.ics files) with two methods:
- Follow a link in your browser (for instance, “subscribe calendar” on webcal.fi)
Select “ICSx⁵” if you’re asked which app shall open the link.
webcal[s]://URLs are supported.
- Or tap “+” in the ICSx⁵ main activity. Then you can enter the URL or click “Pick file” and choose a file from storage.
In both cases, the ICSx⁵ “Add subscription” activity will appear. Enter user name and password, if required and click on “Next”.
Then, enter a title and select a color for the calendar. If supported by the resource, a calendar title will be suggested. You can change title and color later.
Always use HTTPS URLs to protect passwords and sensitive event data!
To force a synchronization of all subscriptions, swipe the subscription list in the ICSx⁵ main activity. You may also “refresh” the calendars in your calendar app (if available).
In the ICSx⁵ main activity, you can also
- set your synchronization interval, and
- single-tap existing subscriptions to edit/delete them.
Using QR codes
To bring an .ics URL from the desktop to your Android device, you may generate a QR code and scan the barcode with your Android device.
Then open the URL with the browser and it should pass on to ICSx⁵ (doesn’t work for all configurations).